• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't script

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FrameMaker  (Help -> About Framemaker says I'm running 13.0.1), when I click File -> Script -> New Script, nothing happens.  When I click File -> Script -> Run and select a simple script I created from the tutorial, nothing happens.  What could be wrong?  Is my install of FM not authorized to run scripts - how would I verify that's the case so I can go to my company and tell them what I need them to order?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

It should have been installed with your FrameMaker installation. Check with IT. Maybe they did a custom install and left it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Windows Start button and type ExtendScript and see if the ExtendScript Toolkit shows up. That is the application necessary to run the scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  It doesn't show up.  Does that mean I need to have it ordered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should have been installed with your FrameMaker installation. Check with IT. Maybe they did a custom install and left it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, that's just what I needed - a verification that it's not an extended feature of Framemaker needed to be ordered special in addition to FrameMaker and that it probably came with my license, but simply didn't get installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines