• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you import paragraph tag customized lists?

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of individual files in several books. They all have the same list of paragraph tags. I need all of my tags. But, for one particular process, I only need a subset of them. I have set up a Customized List view in the Paragraph Catalog so that I only see a subset of them, because scrolling through the list is time consuming and click/scroll intensive. 

I would like to import that list to all of the other files, so that I don't have to go file to file setting up the customized list. I've done some experimenting and I can't seem to do it. Is there some trick I'm missing? Or is it not possible?

If it's not possible through the normal interface, is it something that might be possible through extendscript?

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't Import > Formats work for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually make a copy of my document, delete the paragraph formats that I don't want to import into the other files and then use File > Import > Formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I'm referring to the Customized List feature that is available through the Paragraph Catalog pod. It allows you to display a subset of tags from the total list. So, I could display only headings and hide the rest of my tags (or whatever).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think maybe I should go back and edit my original post to clarify things. I'm not trying to import tags--I'm trying to import the customized view of tags. I need all of my tags. But, for one particular process, I only need a subset of them. Scrolling through the list is time consuming and click/scroll intensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I get it now. I am not sure if this is exposed anywhere. You can try importing Document Properties and see if the customized list is stored with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not.

I've done this with scripting via mif.

I've asked the Adobe developers to make this accessible and they have implemented it in FrameMaker 2019 for Parapraphs, tables and so on. But it it readonly, so you acnt write it even with scripting.

I will meet them in 2 hours and gonna ask them to make it writable.

I'll keep you informed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

I'm not sure I understood your explanation for Frame 2019. What have they already implemented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I understood your explanation for Frame 2019. What have they already implemented?

That's a possibility to access a property via scripting, not via FrameMaker GUI.

So you even can't do it via scripting.

But the developers will be working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines