Highlighted

Can you link FM to RH in the 2015 release?

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we can publish content as WebHelp and HTML5 output in FrameMaker 2015, can we still link FM files in RH (in 2015)? I'm trying to publish my content as WebHelp using FrameMaker 2015 and I don't have a lot of control/options on the output as much as I do using RoboHelp. Is it better to do the FM to RH integration? If so, then does TCS 2015 allow linking FM files in RH?

Please advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can you link FM to RH in the 2015 release?

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we can publish content as WebHelp and HTML5 output in FrameMaker 2015, can we still link FM files in RH (in 2015)? I'm trying to publish my content as WebHelp using FrameMaker 2015 and I don't have a lot of control/options on the output as much as I do using RoboHelp. Is it better to do the FM to RH integration? If so, then does TCS 2015 allow linking FM files in RH?

Please advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to linking if TCS present; no TCS, then only import of FM content into RH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2015 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2015 you don't need TCS license to link FM from RH. It is available with the RH only license too.

Vivek

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? First I’ve heard of that – so what’s the point of having TCS2015 then (other than the bundled cost savings of the component products)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the RoboHelp (2015 release) help file (online), the Importing FrameMaker documents section implies that one needs the full TCS product.

If you are using Adobe Technical Communication Suite, you can link FrameMaker documents to your RoboHelp projects. For more information, see Using FrameMakerwith RoboHelp

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
vivek_k1 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eager and Jeff pointing it out. Documentation has been updated now to reflect it correctly.

Vivek

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2015 0
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the OP, there are a couple of useful online seminar videos that demonstrate the FM-to-RH workflow.

• Exploring TCS Integration Sess 2: FrameMaker > RoboHelp Integration
  • Explore TCS4: FrameMaker to RoboHelp to eBook… Oh My!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0