Highlighted

Can you specify attribute settings in the Quick Element toolbar?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Structured FrameMaker 12 (XML).

I have customized my quick_element.xml toolbar file to create icons that insert custom elements into my documents. This works great. I really need to extend this toolbar so that the icons insert an element with a specified attribute setting. This would save massive amounts of clicks (I know this is possible for keyboard shortcuts via extendscript). The documentation is sparse and the available syntax is not documented for the <ELEMENT> tag in tag-description.xml.

This is the functionality I currently have:

<STRUCTURED_APPLICATION  app_name="Topic">

<ELEMENT elemTag="Font">

<images base="fontIcon"/>

</ELEMENT>

</STRUCTURED_APPLICATION>

This is the functionality that I want:

<ELEMENT elemTag="Font" attrName="outputclass" attrVal="emphasis">

</ELEMENT>

Does anyone have any idea on how to implement this functionality? Is there missing syntax that I'm unaware of that supports this?

Many thanks,

Matt

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can you specify attribute settings in the Quick Element toolbar?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Structured FrameMaker 12 (XML).

I have customized my quick_element.xml toolbar file to create icons that insert custom elements into my documents. This works great. I really need to extend this toolbar so that the icons insert an element with a specified attribute setting. This would save massive amounts of clicks (I know this is possible for keyboard shortcuts via extendscript). The documentation is sparse and the available syntax is not documented for the <ELEMENT> tag in tag-description.xml.

This is the functionality I currently have:

<ELEMENT elemTag="Font">

</ELEMENT>

This is the functionality that I want:

<ELEMENT elemTag="Font" attrName="outputclass" attrVal="emphasis">

</ELEMENT>

Does anyone have any idea on how to implement this functionality? Is there missing syntax that I'm unaware of that supports this?

Many thanks,

Matt

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2015 0
Mentor ,
Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

My Structure Tools plugin can set attribute values automatically upon element insertion, including dynamic values like dates, times, etc. It also has a much improved attribute editor. You can try it out for free:

WS Structure Tools - West Street Consulting

Thanks,

Russ

EDIT: I should note that I've never tested it in conjunction with the toolbar you are using. I hope the features work with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2015 0