Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create a PDF

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When creating a PDF in FrameMaker 2019 I constantly get the following error with no PDF produced:

Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: pdfmark; ErrorInfo: _objdef A214040.1

I have updated FrameMaker 2019 and Acrobat DC. I have tried

- printing to file

- publishing through the publish portal

- saving as PDF

All with the same result

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not positive, but I think I've seen this error before, and it frequently (but not always) has to do with a corrupted graphic file.

The easiest (although still somewhat tedious) way to track this down is a divide and conquer approach.

1. Print half your document to PDF. If it prints without issue, you know your problem is in the other half of the document.
  2. Print half the remaining files in your document to PDF.  If they print without issue, you know your problem is in the other quarter of the document.
  3. Once you get a subset of files that don't print, you start dividing them in half and printing. This will get you to the one file that is causing the issue.
  4. At this point, you repeat the same process but print half the pages, and so on, until you find the one page that won't print.
  5. Check to see if there's a graphic on the page. If there is, delete the graphic and see if the page will print. If it doesn't, you know the issue is the graphic, and you'll need to recreate the graphic.

If you can't find a corrupted graphic, it's possible the problem lies with your Distiller job settings. I'm not an expert on that; I just use a set of options that works and try not to mess with it. In my case, I've learned to never, ever, use the High Quality Print settings, and I found another thread on Adobe forums suggesting that the DSC comment processing be turned off. However, you didn't have the same error message, so I don't know if that will help.You could also try toggling between CMYK and RGB color processing. There was a problem with that last summer, although I believe it's been fixed in Update 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at this thread on PDFing - Unable to save as PDF in FrameMaker 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines