• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create new table style from existing

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM17: I cannot create a new table style from an existing table. I select an existing table and rename it in the Table Designer, click 'Create Style' and I get a warning 'Not all settings are specified. Fill in all the settings and try again'. Obviously all settings are filled in, as this table style already exists.

Each time I move from one tab to another in the Table Designer, I'm asked whether I want to apply changes, even though nothing has changed in the table settings, this can go on indefinitely even if I apply changes every time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Hi Andy:

Re-reading your second post, I think you figured out that you hadn't updated the original style—and that was the issue. If so, please confirm and we can mark your second reply as correct. If not, of course, let us know and we can continue to help.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently due to one of the ruling settings being 'As is', warning not helpful at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy:

Here is the workflow.

1. Click an insertion point inside an existing table.
    Screenshot 2018-09-19 07.33.18.png
  2. In the Table Designer, type in a new name for Style, and click the Create Style button.
    Screenshot 2018-09-19 07.30.55.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-19 07.28.47.png
  3. Update the settings as desired.

What are you doing differently?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andy:

Re-reading your second post, I think you figured out that you hadn't updated the original style—and that was the issue. If so, please confirm and we can mark your second reply as correct. If not, of course, let us know and we can continue to help.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines