• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create pdf larger than 8.5x11

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using framemaker 7.0. I am trying to create a pdf  in acrobat 7.0 that is 11x17. I cannot create any pdf that is larger than 8.5x11. If I select Print to microsoft pdf I get pages are larger than the printer paper. If I try to save as in adobe pdf in framemaker i get "Framemaker could not find adobe PDF printer instance, which must be installed to execute save as command. If I try to open the framemaker file in acrobat I get the message cannot open the file because it is not a supported file type or because it was damaged.

adobe.jpg

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Assuming you are running under a version of Windows beyond Windows XP, which you must be if you can “print to Microsoft PDF,” you should be aware that versions of Windows beyond 32-bit Windows XP are totally incompatible with Acrobat 7.0 in terms of the ability to create PDF via the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance. It simply won't fully or properly install, if at all on modern versions of Windows.

And one has never been able to open FrameMaker documents in Acrobat. The only applicati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are running under a version of Windows beyond Windows XP, which you must be if you can “print to Microsoft PDF,” you should be aware that versions of Windows beyond 32-bit Windows XP are totally incompatible with Acrobat 7.0 in terms of the ability to create PDF via the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance. It simply won't fully or properly install, if at all on modern versions of Windows.

And one has never been able to open FrameMaker documents in Acrobat. The only application that can open FrameMaker (.fm) documents is FrameMaker itself!

Your choices are to update FrameMaker to the current version or at least to upgrade Acrobat to either Acrobat 2017 (perpetual license) or Acrobat DC (subscription). Acrobat 7 is so old that there are no special upgrade prices.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving to FrameMaker forum since this topic is much more relevant there!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines