• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot generate a required TOC.

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to generate a TOC in framemaker 2017 with its chapnum and paratext on the left side, and tab (.....) in the middle, and Chapnum-pagenum on the right side.

The reference page is designed as follows (on page 2, which I don't know how to make it page 1):

But as I applied all paragraph style to the text in body page, nothing changed, which means I still need to manually add chapnum before patatext and chapnum before pagenum. besides, when I applied style to text, a window popped up as follows.

But I cannot change the column layout for the rotated page contained.

Can anyone help me out of this, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 悦如张94773253:

The reference page is designed as follows (on page 2, which I don't know how to make it page 1):

It doesn't matter what reference page number the TOC reference page falls on. FrameMaker will find it and use the building blocks as specified—and your building blocks look correct.

But as I applied all paragraph style to the text in body page, nothing changed, which means I still need to manually add chapnum before patatext and chapnum before pagenum.

I'm not sure what you mean by this^^. When FrameMaker makes a table of contents (TOC), it collects the text using the paragraph tags you specify in the Set up Table of Contents dialog box, and than automatically creates new paragraph tags for you in the TOC. For example, if you collect the Titles for the TOC, they are copied into the TOC and assigned a new tag name called TitleTOC. You don't need to manually apply paragraph styles to the text on the body pages of the TOC. If you do, FrameMaker will re-tag them after you update the book.

besides, when I applied style to text, a window popped up as follows:

As for this message, return to the TOC reference page and highlight all four lines in your screen shot. In Paragraph Designer > Pagination properties, set the Format to In Column (leave everything else alone) and click on Update Style, then Update and try to update the book again.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines