• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get active document when user clicks the document in Adobe FM 2015.

Participant ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the following problem:

I have a timer in my application that hits repeatedly after 2 seconds to get the active document name (if there is any).

If the user selects some text (on mouse click down) of the active document from Adobe FM 2015 then the following API call returns 0 (which is wrong):

F_ApiGetId(FV_SessionId, FV_SessionId, FP_ActiveDoc)

Later, if user leaves the mouse button (mouse click up) then in the next hit of the timer the document name will be fetched.

It seems that the Adobe FM 2015 cannot handle simultaneously both user input from the application and the API calls from my application.

Why is this happening?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

It seems that Adobe FrameMaker 2015 cannot handle at the same time user UI events and FDK API calls from external applications.

When user interacts with the FM application the FDK API calls of my external application fail with error codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that Adobe FrameMaker 2015 cannot handle at the same time user UI events and FDK API calls from external applications.

When user interacts with the FM application the FDK API calls of my external application fail with error codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines