Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get object properties on graphic or frame

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm trying to add some alternate text to an image I have in a graphic frame, but when I select the frame or the image I do not get the option to select 'Object Attributes' from the 'Object Properties' window. Is there some setting I need to check or am I doing something else wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select the Anchored Frame and the use the AFrame dialogue box to get to the Object Attributes.

Alternate_text.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar problem.  In past versions of Acrobat Pro, I could select lines and change the color of those lines.  Now I am stuck with this lousy Acrobat Pro XI.

I have downloaded as many tools as there are that even hint at being able to edit object properties.  Nothing works.

Formerly, I was able to select the lines of a drawing that was initially created in AutoCAD.  Once the line was selected, I could right-click on the line (or set of lines) and pull up a menu with an Object Properties option.  Selecting that option would open a Properties window (where I could change the color of the line).

I would really like to keep doing this part of my job despite the worst efforts of Adobe Acrobat.  CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO ACCESS PROPERTIES FOR LINES IN A PDF????

In my efforts to edit the drawings I need to change, I have downloaded a number of tools.  None of them work to perform this function.  In the picture below, I used a tool (AGI All) that provided a sub-tool that looked like one of the formerly-working tools.

LousyPDF.png

Formerly, an arrow cursor with a floating box by it would allow me to select one or more lines and change the color of the selected line (or lines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: …select the lines of a drawing that was initially created in AutoCAD.

How are you getting the drawings out of Acad and into FM?

The way I used to handle it was to save-as, export or print-to-file from Acad in some vector format that Adobe Illustrator could open (such as DWG, DXF, Ps, PDF, EPS), edit as needed, then save as EPS for importation into FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines