• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot initialize API client C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker8\fminit\hellowho.dll

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used FDK9 and FrameMaker 8. I used Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and Microsoft SDKs to compiled sample FDK hellowho.c program, This program locate under FDK directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\FDK9\samples\hellowho. It complied fine without error or warning message. I registered the hellowho.dll to fminit directory and added the hellowho=Standard,Greets user with custom greeting defined at startup,fminit\hellowho.dll, all to file maker.ini under FrameMaker directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker8. I got error message below when open FrameMaker:

"Cannot initialize API client C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker8\fminit\hellowho.dll
Check your errors in the APIClients section of C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker8\maker.ini, verify that the client program exists and make you sure you have enough swap space to run the client."

Any idea?

Thank you.

Thai NguyenAny idea?

Thank you.

Thai Nguyen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Thai ,
There are 2 issues regarding your problem statement

1)FDK9 is compiled using VC2005 and you are using VC2008 which may lead to issues which you are facing. If possible you may want to verify this by using VC2005

2)If the problem persists after doing step 1, you can try using FDK8 to compile and see if it works fine.

Thanks
Vikash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines