Highlighted

Cannot print from framemaker 15

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had Framemaker 15 installed and cannot print .PDF's or to paper, does anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot print from framemaker 15

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had Framemaker 15 installed and cannot print .PDF's or to paper, does anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 13, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create PDFs in other applications? Do you have an AdobePDF printer instance? Does Save to PDF work in FM?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to plot to a pdf and paper for individual chapters by right clicking on the book location and use "Print Selected Files" with  all files open. But I cannot plot by using the "Print Book" for pdf or paper.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What point version of FM2015 are you running? Are you patched up?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot print book in FM

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open all files in the book first (Shift + File > Open from book file). If there are any issues with ANY of the files (e.g. missing fonts, broken cross-refs, colour/numbering/paging inconsistencies) the book print/PDF job will always fail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framemaker Error.jpg

I always open the book first and open my files from there. This is the error I get when I try to print the whole book at one time. It only happens if I go from pdf to paper printing. I hit OK and print button and nothing happens. I do not get this error when I try to print just a section or one sheet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get the font warning message because your default printer in FM isn't the Adobe PDF; it's some physical printer that may or may not support the fonts you've used in your documents. If you set your default printer to Adobe PDF within FM (use the free SetPrint plug in to make this happen each time you're in FM) you won't get a font warning. What happens when you open all the docs in the book? Any warning messages? You're not showing all docs in the book open in this screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens when FM has to change printers and the listed "internal" fonts for the new printer are different than the one that it is switching from. You're changing from the Adobe PDF instance to your physical system printer. It's just a cautionary window. Change to the desired physical printer BEFORE you open any files.

[Edit Addendum: I see that you're printing to a network printer. FM sometimes has issues on some networks. Try setting FM to print to a local file as a test. The alternative is to create a PDF using the SaveAsPDF route and then print from Acrobat.]

Also, please check to see that you are fully patched up for your FM2015 version. There have been three patches released to date. Either use the Help > Updates... or go directly to the Updates page at: Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0