Highlighted

Cant open .fm due to windows 10 upgrade

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my PC to windows 10, now my Framemaker 10 application opens, but when trying to open a .fm file, I get an error. Any ideas of the cause? All other co-workers with windows 10 are able to use Framemaker 10, but mine and another co-worker who recently updated to windows 10 cannot use the application.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant open .fm due to windows 10 upgrade

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my PC to windows 10, now my Framemaker 10 application opens, but when trying to open a .fm file, I get an error. Any ideas of the cause? All other co-workers with windows 10 are able to use Framemaker 10, but mine and another co-worker who recently updated to windows 10 cannot use the application.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of error? Where are the files located? Are you running FM as an administrator?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files are on a server, running the app locally as an administrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to run FM10 in an earlier compatibility mode or inside a VM - I recall having issues trying to run it when I moved machines to Win10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
WTM LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I will pass that on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0