• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Bars

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make a change bar down along the side of a figure or table that is center across columns. I have no problem when the figure or table is inside the column even with two column documents. I have tried "across all columns" with two columns and with a side head column with no luck. I have also tried the different positions that the change bars can be placed. It will only place the change bar where the figure or table is anchored.  I have some examples if needed.

Thanks,

ls

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer....!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be a sport … post your answer to the forum, in case anyone else has the same question later!

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After playing around with it, I went to a one column document to see if it would work there. Of course I was importing paragraph tags from

a document with side heads, so everytime I would try to do anything I would get an error message about side heads.

Anyway, you have to make sure that from the anchor down past the figure and paragraph tag after the figure is set up to be across all columns and/or columns and sideheads. Hightlight from the anchor of the figure, all the way through the figure tag/or spacer tag and click on the change bar radio button and it will make the change bar down the whole side of all. It also works if a figure is set up in a table, but you need a body/spacer tag after the table for it to highlight the whole thing. I couldn't get it to work on a regular table. I had to highlight the table cells for the change bars to show up. I would like for the change bar beside a table to be a complete line, but we haven't found a way to get it to do that. They just correlate with the cells. (Which is fine, at least we can get them there now...lol.)

Hope that helps someone!!

ls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know....I don't know why I couldn't get the table change bar to work yesterday. But....I did it today, and again, by adding a paratag after the table and making sure to highlight through that tag, I got a complete change bar line down the side of the table. Yea!!

ls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's ten years later -- but I wanted to say that the tables and change bars in Framemaker haven't really changed since the time of this 2009 post, and I was having the same exact problem in 2020....and lsk2002's solution worked for me, too! I was going out of my mind, trying different versions of adding one row at a time, several rows, etc but when I'd get to a certain point in the table (near the page bottom), the change bars would completely change! The long unbroken bar along the side would break up in weird places. But if you just highlight from the table anchor all the way thru to the paragraph tag just AFTER the table and set it to whatever column layout you're using (for me, it's one column, across the whole page), it will doubtless convert something somewhere from "2 column" to "1 column" -- you might not even know you had something set to 2 column; it's not always apparent when it's empty paragraphs. Just changing that "2" to a "1" in "cutomize text frame" SOLVED THE CHANGE BAR PROBLEM!! Now, no matter what I paste in, that long unbroken change bars STAYS that way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines