• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change from Western-Arabic numerals to Eastern (Indo)-Arabic Numerals in FM2019

Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on an Arabic manual and am having issues with the numerals in the content. As of now they are in a Western-Arabic format (1, 2, 3...), but I would like to have them in a Eastern (Indo)-Arabic format (٠‎,١‎, ٢‎, ٣‎). Is there a way to do this without too much hands-on work? I've managed to get numbered lists and page numbering to the correct format.

Much appreciated for any answers.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Sara042,

you'll find the required tools under View > Toolbars > Direction Toolbar. The direction toolbar has the N-to-Indic and the Indic-to-N tool. Just highlight the text (or complete paragaphs) which contains the numbers and click the "N-to-Indic" tool. That's it, all numbers will be converted.

Just don't do that in larger scales (e.g. like selecting complete chapters), I remember some weird behaviour with tables or something like that… but not exactly what the problem was.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sara042,

you'll find the required tools under View > Toolbars > Direction Toolbar. The direction toolbar has the N-to-Indic and the Indic-to-N tool. Just highlight the text (or complete paragaphs) which contains the numbers and click the "N-to-Indic" tool. That's it, all numbers will be converted.

Just don't do that in larger scales (e.g. like selecting complete chapters), I remember some weird behaviour with tables or something like that… but not exactly what the problem was.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines