Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change only some instances of a paragraph tag with another paragraph tag

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang,

I know about the Paragraph Tag option in Find and Replace.  How do I narrow that to only certain instances of the given tag?

Here's what I want to do:

1. I have a number of headings with paragraph tag "Heading 7".

2. I want to find text of paragraph tag "Heading 7" and containing only the text "Inputs", "Processing", or "Outputs".

3. Then I want to change the paragraph tag of those specific headings to Heading 8.

Any thoughts?

-terry-

FM11, Windows 7 Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

If the character formatting in Heading 7 is unique, you could copy the word "Inputs" to the clipboard from an existing Heading 7, and then find Text & Character Formats on Clipboard. You would have to repeat this for each of the other words.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the character formatting in Heading 7 is unique, you could copy the word "Inputs" to the clipboard from an existing Heading 7, and then find Text & Character Formats on Clipboard. You would have to repeat this for each of the other words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, sadly, the character formatting is the same as the other heading levels, but you've given me an idea:

1. Change the font size for Heading 7 to something unique via the Paragraph Designer > Update All button.

2. Perform the actions you described for each of the three keywords.

3. Change the Heading 7 font size back to the original size.

4.  Profit!

Thanks--that's a great tip.  That ought to save me a bit of time (there are over 100 instances each of those three words.)

-terry-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines