Highlighted

Changes done missing in FM 2019

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some Font changes, alignment adjustment for around 100 pages in FM 2019 and saved it. When i opened the document in another system in very next day, the changes are not get reflected? Kindly guide to solve the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changes done missing in FM 2019

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some Font changes, alignment adjustment for around 100 pages in FM 2019 and saved it. When i opened the document in another system in very next day, the changes are not get reflected? Kindly guide to solve the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 14, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assumed that

• you had saved the files after editing them (),
  • opened the exact same files on the other system,
  • no other "accident" happened (like overwriting them with an older version),
  • you did not import formattings from some other (older) document,

my hunch here is, that you were doing these edits in XML files (like DITA), not in an unstructured or structured, binary .fm file. Is that possible? If so, you will need to make sure, that you do these changes in the template of your structured application, not in the XML files themselves, as the changes get lost as soon as you close the file. Alternatively, you can work with a developer to extend the structured application by adding special attributes to the elements you need to work on and then set the attribute values accordingly. E.g. you could add an attribute @align to an element <p> with values like left | center | right, and then define in the EDD to read this attribute value and assign the formatting to the paragraph accordingly.

I case you are talking about unstructured or structured, binary .fm files, probably one of the reasons mentioned at the beginning is the reason or some other reason that is outside of FrameMaker.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0