Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing path of linked Excel files

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellows,

Is it possible to programmatically change the path of an Excel sheet linked into a Framemaker file? AFAIK, the path of text insets can be modified using ES, but I couldn't find info on how to do that on OLE objects like Excel. How Adobe could omit this capability? My Excel files sit on a network drive. The problem is that while the path was accessible on Win7 using a WINS query, on Win10 the path cannot be accessed as the OS uses DNS and not WINS. So I need to change the path of dozens of Excel files to allow opening of FM files. 

TIA,

Roman

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been awhile since I checked, but previously I found that the path to OLE objects was not exposed to FrameMaker scripting, either in FrameScript or ExtendScript. I have not checked the FDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I appreciate your response!

Isn't it weird that Framemaker allows adding links to OLE objects but doesn't support batch path updates?

I'll try to check with the support if they can look into this issue. This is an unjustifiied limitation, especially these days, when everything is stored on the cloud. 🙂

Best Regards,

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines