Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chapter title defaults to a subheading of another section

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have ever encountered this when creating a PDF from a FrameMaker book. One of my chapter title defaults to a subheading of another section in the previous chapter and I do not know why. 
I checked the markers in FrameMaker and I can not see anything that would render it that way. Does anyone know why this is happening and what can I do to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: ... chapter title defaults to a subheading of another section ...

Where is the chapter title appearing? Background frame on Master Page?

How it the text there picking up the chapter title? Running H/F, variable, xref, or now for something, completely different.

Lots of usual suspects, depending on how implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The chapter title that I am referring to appears in the next chapter in my FM book and is tagged with CT_ChapTitle . In the FrameMaker book, the chapters are tagged correctly and appear in the order that they should be in the document. However in the PDF, it appears as a 2nd sub heading of the previous chapter. I have enclosed a screen shot.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You chapter title is probably in a separate flow on the chapter title page. FM processes the tags in flow order, which may not always be the same as the visual order on a page. You may need to re-design your chapter first master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines