Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character format in paragraph style not appearing in HTML5 output

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use the character style zzBoldNumber in my Numbered 1 paragraph style to make the numbers bold. I was outputting HTML5 from FM12 and it worked fine. Here's the HTML output:

<p class="FM_Numbered_1"><span class="FM_zzBoldNumber">1.</span>Select a location for your PLAY:1. </p>

I upgraded to FM 2015 and now the numbers are not formatted correctly. They are the wrong font family and they are not bold. Here's the HTML output:

<p dir="ltr" class="FM_Numbered_1">Select a location for your PLAY:1. </p>

Notice that the <span> tag is missing.

I have tried mapping the zzBoldNumber style to a variety of styles, but the result is the same.

Seems like a bug to me.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so, Jeff. When I checked Help > Updates, none were available for FM. I have version 13.0.2.433.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a look at the conversion settings that translate FM paragraphs and character tags into HTML? I thought there was a mapping that could be applied (but I could be wrong, having never really played with the FM Publish settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct. You map the FM styles to the output you want. I have done that. I've tried undoing it and then re-doing it to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines