Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checking that TopicAlias markers are working for Responsive HTML5

Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to create CSH in a FM 2017 document. I have added the TopicAlias markers to the appropriate areas in the document and have created a .h file with those entries. The .h file exists in the same folder as the source document.

When I publish the document as Responsive HTML 5, I don't see any indication in the output that the text is marked as CSH. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to check that the markers and CSH will appear correctly before I pass off the document to a developer to finish the process?

Thank you for any help!

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to have a look at this thread about CSH - Re: Do I need Robohelp with FrameMaker 2017 to generate CSH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have looked at this thread, but am still in the dark.

From what I've read, I_think I'm doing everything correctly, but at this point, I cannot see any sign of success in the HTML5 output.

Is it at all possible to see the CSH in the HTML output before it's 'connected' by a developer?

Thank you.

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should be able to see the marker tag in the html if you open it up in Notepad or something similar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do the mappings in the .h contain the info from your markers? If so, you just need something to ask for the content and you’ll see your csh displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the .h file contains the marker info, but the format is different from what's in the actual FM document. The .h file contents are in this format: #define  CSH_xxxx  #.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the correct contents of the .h file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good!
So now what do I need to do to see these contents in the published output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the thread which Jeff had cited there is a link to a topic in the RoboHelp online help:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/2017/robohtml/#t=book/rob_createhelp_ch/Information_for_develo...

Does this help?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the .h file in your published output folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found them to be not so easy to spot in the HTML, as FM modifies them in the output files. Have a developer add a couple to the software and test them that way (that's what we did).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines