• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking on Search Results Sometimes Has Unexpected Behavior

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're seeing an intermittent problem in using the Search capability in our HTML5 help. I couldn't find this issue in the forum, but it could have been bad search terms used.

We use a WPF control to open our help website within our software. It uses a browser that seems similar to IE, but according to the devs here, it is not actually IE or Chrome, it's a different browser. When the help is viewed in this WPF browser, the search function returns unexpected behavior. Occasionally, when you click on a search result link the page that loads is the page that you were viewing prior to clicking the Search button, instead of the actual search results. So, for example, if you were looking at topic A, then perform a search and click on a search result for topic B, topic A loads. This seems to happen more often for pages that had not previously been viewed in the browser, and only intermittently (I'd say maybe one time out of 10?).

When viewed in Chrome and Firefox, we do not see this behavior at all. When viewed in IE, there is a brief flash of topic A before loading topic B.

Similarly, I've noticed in IE (have not yet tested in other browsers or the WPF browser) that *once or twice* when pressing the backspace key after a search result topic loads returns you to the page prior to performing the search. So, looking at topic A, perform a search, click on a search result for topic B, topic B loads successfully, then press the backspace key, and instead of showing the search results, topic A is shown.

Is this a known issue, is there a workaround for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?