Highlighted

Color code problem

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to copy past code example made in C++ into Framemaker but when I do it, whatever the way used (importing from word, special paste, ...) the color code once copied in Framemaker is not respected compare to the source code and then it makes no sense anymore. someone has an idea as I tried all what I know?

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color code problem

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to copy past code example made in C++ into Framemaker but when I do it, whatever the way used (importing from word, special paste, ...) the color code once copied in Framemaker is not respected compare to the source code and then it makes no sense anymore. someone has an idea as I tried all what I know?

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "color" mean in this context?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By color I mean: green for a comment, orange for a value, ... Here is an example

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No example visible.

What app is the colored code being copied out of?

If a C++ editor, chances are that editor is applying the colors only for the edit window, and is not exporting the colors in the metadata for copy\paste.

If the editor has the ability to export or print the prettified code, you may be able to grab it from that workflow.

Then the normal code issues arise: constant width fonts needs to be applied. Tabs need to be interpreted or replaced. Spaces need to be preserved. And whatever strategies are used has to be compatible with the ultimate document workflow (PDF, Ps, print, XML, HTML, eBook, etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it from NotePad++ or VisualBasic. When I copy it to MS Word, I have no problem at all. I have the problem only with Framemakere. Here is an example of code.

Code example.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to reproduce that.
I copied code from Notepad++ to Word, but there were no colors either.
What happens if you copy this code from Word and paste it into FrameMaker?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Notepad++ to Word = No problem but from Notepad++ to Framemaker or from word to Framemaker, the colors change

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will making a screen capture of the code be helpful? 

I used this in the past, just to show the user what the code should look like.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible in may case as I was the user to be able to copy past the examples

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this with Smart Paste.

But you will have to write your own XSLT for Smart Paste and add it to the relevant Structured Application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0