Colors change in imported file

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

When I view a graphic in Illustrator, the blue colors are cool, shading to grey. When I import that exact .ai file into FrameMaker, they turn almost aquamarine, very light and bright. Why did this happen and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What color model is used in AI? (CYMK or RGB) If not RGB, there's the further problem that Windows doesn't really support CMYK, and can trash colors regardless of what's happening in FM.

What, if any, color profile is assigned? (.e.g none, sRGB, AdobeRGB, etc.) FM has no color management, so any profile will not be applied during edit or downstream in the workflow.

I've never imported .ai files directly into FM, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are treated like EPS or PDF, and if so, what is displayed during edit in FM may be a low-res indexed dithered 8-bit color thumbnail/preview. You'd have to generate a PDF of the document and examine that to see if there's a real problem for the intended workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more