• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

column layout mid-page

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My framemaker layout needs to have space on top for an intro paragraph that is not in a 2 column layout, however below that intro paragraph I have to enter 2 columns of content and connect the 2 columns. 2 questions:

-1) How do I begin a 2 column layout after a standard intro paragraph?

-2) How do I get my FM doc to look like Word's View->Weblayout (no seperate pages)

I am looking to recreate this page with dropdown captions and bodies for the partner name drop-downs - https://www.factset.com/third-party-terms

Any advice would be great.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I gave an InDesign answer—I work on both forums. BRB with the FrameMaker answer.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clearly need more coffee. See below for my response. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first question, in FrameMaker, define a 2-column document. Use Paragraph Designer > Pagination Properties to set the Format: Across All Columns for the text than needs to span both columns.

As for the second question—the drop-down lists—how do you intend to publish this document?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, I will be using webworks 2019 epub designer to generate the help in a reverb 2.0 skin. This will not be made into a book style pdf, it is just for a web page, which is why i was inquiring about the layout in the FM Source doc and was thinking i'd like it to reflect a web layout rather than a book layout.

Actually Id like to get your advice on this, looking at this page - https://www.factset.com/third-party-terms, to recreate the output, is it advisable to use a standard table that has 2 columns or customize the page layout in FM to be 2 columns?

-Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill. I don't have any current experience with WebWorks so I really can't address this. I would think you want to define the 2 column layout with the straddle heads (and not use a table—they were the 90s approach to web layout), but WebWorks has their own support page and it might be best to work with them on this. https://www.webworks.com/Support/

Once you have a plan, feel free to swing back here and we will be happy to help with FrameMaker side of things.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shall do, thanx for the advice.

Ciao for now.

-Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines