• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare documents from the command line

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to setup automatic comparison between documents in TortoiseSVN, but I would need some way to do it from the command line.

The TortoiseSVN settings window looks like this for other file types and I would need some way to specify to document paths and file to open them with. Does the FrameMaker.exe provide any command line parameters?

TortoiseSVN_DiffSettings.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might make sense to use MIF instead of FM, as FM is a binary format and MIF is plain text.

In addition to that FrameMaker has a File Compare utility (File > Utilities > Compare Documents), which might be interesting for you to have a look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply Stefan.

I just found out about MIF while googling for solutions and it looks like a nice file format. I will take some time to learn a bit more about it and see if we can save a few of our documents in it for testing purposes.

I do know about the menu item, but that means that I have to manually check out the old revision into a folder, open my working copy and the older revision and then select "File > Utilities > Compare Documents". It would be very handy if there was a command line interface like this:

Framemaker.exe /Compare %file1% %file%

which would open the files and execute the compare document function automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines