Highlighted

Compare Utility in FM 12/Problem with Imported Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an old (2008) thread in this forum re: the FM comparison utility showing all imported graphics as being changed, whether they were changed or not. Now we are in FM 12 and have the same problem. This is Windows 7 Pro. and FM 12.0.4.445.

I just saved an existing file under a new name, "FIleA," and then immediately resaved it as "FileB." Comparing these newly saved, identical files yielded a .CMP file indicating that every graphic had changed. Per the old thread, I tried saving the files as MIFs, then resaving as FM files. This did not work. What did work was to save  both files as MIFs and then compare the MIFs - the utility (finally) correctly stated that the files were the same. That, however is a pain. Does anyone have a different solution? It irritates me so much that we upgraded from FM 8 to FM 12 and find problems like this still exist.  (Note: comparing in Acrobat is not possible because the files are too big.)

Thanks for any new insights.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Compare Utility in FM 12/Problem with Imported Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an old (2008) thread in this forum re: the FM comparison utility showing all imported graphics as being changed, whether they were changed or not. Now we are in FM 12 and have the same problem. This is Windows 7 Pro. and FM 12.0.4.445.

I just saved an existing file under a new name, "FIleA," and then immediately resaved it as "FileB." Comparing these newly saved, identical files yielded a .CMP file indicating that every graphic had changed. Per the old thread, I tried saving the files as MIFs, then resaving as FM files. This did not work. What did work was to save  both files as MIFs and then compare the MIFs - the utility (finally) correctly stated that the files were the same. That, however is a pain. Does anyone have a different solution? It irritates me so much that we upgraded from FM 8 to FM 12 and find problems like this still exist.  (Note: comparing in Acrobat is not possible because the files are too big.)

Thanks for any new insights.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2015 0

Have something to add?