Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional graphic master page?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my user guide I manage the display of different product data by using conditions. On the cover page I insert a picture of the resp. product for the project the guide is for. Currently that picture is imported by reference in a frame on the body page.

Recently I played around a bit with inserting the picture directly to the master page for that cover page so I could have the picture displayed across the whole page in the background of a title box, which worked fine.

Where I'm getting stuck now is when I try to make the picture on the master page conditional.

After reading some other related posts on this forum my first conclusion would be to pack it in and continue replacing the cover picture manually, but I have two questions to ask before I do that:

1: is it really impossible to somehow make that picture conditional?

2: if the answer to question 1 is negative, would there be a way to have that picture display across the body page in the background so I can make it conditional there?

thanks

regards

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

re: but it was not possible to "send it to the back" of the title frame

I just created a new (background) frame on an MP, and was able to select and send-to-back on both the imported graphic and the parent text frame, but not the anchoring frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: Where I'm getting stuck now is when I try to make the picture on the master page conditional.

Is the picture just on the MP, or in an anchored frame on the MP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Originally it was simply on the MP and conditional formatting was not possible.

After that I tried inserting it using an anchored frame but that was only possible by inserting that frame in the title text frame that is already there (option "outside text frame"). From there I was able to expand it over the whole page, but it was not possible to "send it to the back" of the title frame, so that was of no use to me.

grtz

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: but it was not possible to "send it to the back" of the title frame

I just created a new (background) frame on an MP, and was able to select and send-to-back on both the imported graphic and the parent text frame, but not the anchoring frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, apparently I didn't check the "background" option in the frame insertion box, now it worked. I can also send the background frame as a whole to the back (select the frame by dragging the mouse outside the frma from top left to bottom right.

That said, I still can't make the frame or the inserted object conditional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, I spoke too soon. Instead of the anchored frame inside  the background frame I was selecting the background frame itself. Now conditioning seems to work fine, also when in body page view.

Thanks Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines