• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Tags - are there any defaulted in when creating a new document?

Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just created a new document in my book and I see this:

Where does this tag come from?  Is it some sort of default tag that is added for all new docs - or a carry over from my book (I thought I deleted it from all existing books).

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Hi RBKearnsJr:

As you surmise, the condition tag called Comment is in all new Fm docs based on blank pages (meaning via Portrait, Landscape and Custom buttons as per your screen shot), and has been for as long as I can remember. It is meant to be used to add inline comments to document your workflow, add notes to co-workers, reminders to yourself, etc., that you either hide or remove prior to printing.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, just did a test.  Created a new book with a new document.  Same results.  So I'm not sure this is a carry over for an existing book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a default one, but check the doc you used to create the new doc to see if it's present in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, I created a new book and a new document.  I did not use an existing book/document to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even doing File > New Document is using a document to act as a template - AFAIK there's no way to create a new doc without using some template as a base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be true.

Here is what I see/select (is a template "behind" the Portrait selection):

I am then presented with a blank page:

In the end, it is likely no big deal.  I just find in several of our existing books, this tag exists, but it is never used....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably - looks like it comes pre-loaded with that CBT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RBKearnsJr:

As you surmise, the condition tag called Comment is in all new Fm docs based on blank pages (meaning via Portrait, Landscape and Custom buttons as per your screen shot), and has been for as long as I can remember. It is meant to be used to add inline comments to document your workflow, add notes to co-workers, reminders to yourself, etc., that you either hide or remove prior to printing.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines