• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional text in tables brings XXX into print

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hundreds of documents with conditional text in FM12. When changing to FM 2015 all the tables became XXX around each cell.

First I found this helpful, because I can see that the table uses a conditional tag (in FM12 I haven't seen easily, that the table has conditional tag).

Second I found this XXX in the print. That makes no sense to me.

Is there a possibility to stop these XXX in the print?

I prepared two pictures:

Condition-On_viewable.png

In this sample you can see the condition tag *comment* is over the second line and separately also on the word "Condition".

When I want to use the condition tag to show the word "Condition" in a special look, I can use the style, color and background to make the difference viewable.

This is the concept of my documents. I produce schoolbooks with content for students and/or teachers, and everything, that is for the teacher only should be marked in a separate color. Until now, I made this coloring with the condition tag, because I can show it to the teacher and don't show it to the students.

Easy thing. But now, this whole concept doesn't work anymore, because of these XXX around the cells.

Is there a method or a way to keep those XXX away from the table?

The only thing I have found, is to "not show" the condition tag view. But then my example looks like this:

Condition-On_not-viewable.png

Now, the cell looks good, it's free from XXX, but now, I can't see anymore any style, color or background from the condition tag, which makes no sense in the upper exemple.

Please help me, because it's a lot of work to rebuild all the content. We have to change all paragraphs with condition tag to paragraphs with color and condition tag.

I don't see any sense in those XXX aside from a little help in building documents, but why should I want to PRINT such ugly XXX around my tables????

Or why should I coloring my condition tags, when I can't print them anymore????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cross hatching in the table is a condition indictor. When you are proofing a conditional text document, you show the condition indicators so that you can verify that they are applied correctly. They are turned off for the final printed version.

If you want the text formatted in the cells, do so with paragraph and character styles, not the condition indicators. You will need duplicate information in a cell for this to work, i.e. condition condition (both in one cell, formatted differently). Then you hide/show the variations with the the Show/Hide conditional text panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is what I guessed.

Our concept was wrong, but it worked until FM 2015.

I accept that as a new feature.

My only left question is:

Is there a technical way not to show the cross-hatching indicators? Maybe in the maker.ini? If not, I will start emidiately with the rebuilding of the content.

Thanks for your kind answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cross-hatching indicates that a CC is applied to the table row (independently of the cell contents). The point of this is to suppress the entire row if the CC is turned off for render, otherwise it would go out as an empty row.

It looks like some of the content has CC applied as well. If it's the same CC, that has no real effect and will be confusing to future document stewards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines