• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Text Stored Location FM 2015

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think that conditional text or inserts are stored where we can find/read/edit them. I haven't used FrameMaker in years and haven't been in a position where I used conditional text, inserts, or variables. Is there a folder where I can find the content. Previous writers on this project have used their own naming conventions and did not work to style defined by the team. 7 writers geographically disbursed, all of which are gone now.

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

AFAIK, there's no external location for any of those things - they are all inside the FM docs themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, there's no external location for any of those things - they are all inside the FM docs themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Conditional text and variables are stored in the individual files. You can make conditional text visible by clicking View > Show Condition Indicators (assuming the conditions were formatted to be visible), or you can view what conditions exist in a document by pressing Esc sC. Variables used in a document can be seen by pressing Esc sv. Finding where a text insert is stored, assuming it was inserted by reference and not copied in, can be done through the edit menu: Find > Text Inset - Any, and then right clicking on the text to bring up properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines