Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conrefs not displayed in HTML5 output due to parser error with possible bug

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Once again I am in a battle with this HTML5 output.

The old webhelp generation was so much better and more reliable!

In a Dita 1.3 setup I work with the standard topics and concepts.

Assigning IDs to xml elements is a standard feature, used in my document as it worked before.

Now i get an error in the console:

XML Parser Messages (Document Instance)

Error at file xyz.xml, line 31, char 27, Message: attribute 'id' does not allow multiple values

Error at line 35, char 27, Message: attribute 'id' does not allow multiple values

Error at line 40, char 27, Message: attribute 'id' does not allow multiple values

Error at line 45, char 27, Message: attribute 'id' does not allow multiple values

They are different ul elements getting their ID attribute so they can be conreferenced to later in other docs.

This was possible to use without parser messages with 2015 now with 2017 its moaning about it.

When generating HTML5 output, conrefs are not displayed at all while the rest of the document is visible.

It shows only empty elements (ul bullet points).

Generating a .pdf out of the same content works fine.

I have issued a bug, since assigning IDs to elements in one document is a standard functionality and should work as expected.

However I need a way around until this is fixed.

Any ideas for workarounds?

Cheers,

Xandy

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found the source of the issue:

for some reason FM is generating IDs not just for the <ul> elments, when assigning an ID to them, but also for each <li> element underneath, this is causing the parser error, as there should be only one ID assigned to the containting element, but not for the elements contained (attribute 'id' does not allow multiple values).

Seems to me that this is a bug, which needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines