• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

consitently crash pasting text frame into graphic frame

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to FrameMaker 2015, FrameMaker crashes when we paste a text frame into a graphic frame. I work with a team of more than 20 FrameMaker 13.0.2.433 users, and we're all getting this behavior. I have tested with a new FrameMaker document to confirm that the issue isn't our templates, styles, graphics, and so on. These are the steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Select File > New > Document. The New window appears.
  2. Select Portrait or Landscape. (I haven't tested Custom.) A new FrameMaker document appears.
  3. Select File > Import > File. The Import window appears.
  4. Choose a graphic and click Import. The Import Graphic Scaling window appears.
  5. Select an option and click Set. The graphic appears on the page.
  6. Type a return to move the cursor to the next line.
  7. Repeat steps 3–5 to import a second graphic.
  8. Save the document.
  9. Click the Place a Text Frame button on the Graphics Toolbar.
  10. Drag out a graphic frame on top of the first graphic. The Create New Text Frame window appears.
  11. Click Set.
  12. Double-click in the newly added text frame and then type "123."
  13. Click the Select Object button on the Graphics Toolbar.
  14. Select the graphic frame that's on top of the first graphic.
  15. Press CTRL+C to copy the text frame.
  16. Click the second graphic.
  17. Press CTRL+V to paste the text frame.

CRASH!

We work in an unstructured environment. We're all running Windows 7, but one colleague has tested on Windows 8 and gotten the same results. I have personally tested this behavior on multiple computers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Greetings from Adobe...!

I will test the workflow at my end and update you soon.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get it to crash in my version of FM2015 as well [on a Win7 Ultimate platform]. The weird part is that it seems to work and then takes about 3-5 seconds for FM to crash [there's the Windows crash sound and FM simply disappears. No log file is created.]

I also tested it on FM12, and it does NOT crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

We are able to reproduce this issue and currently investigating this at our end. I will let you know once the fix is available.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please consider my issue in relation to this fix? See Frame 2015 crashing repeatedly for the related thread.

I emailed my log files to fmerror@adobe.com yesterday.

Susan Colm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a similar issue.

On the Reference Page of my document, I have graphics, such as labels, annotations, which I reuse throughout my document.

If I copy and paste these graphics directly onto the image frame, Framemaker hangs for a few seconds and then crashes.

Instead, I first place the graphic in the anchor frame and then drag the graphic to where I want it on the image.

I hope this little insight will help.

Regards

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Stephen. My own workaround was just to make sure that the image onto which I wanted to paste the text box was not selected when I did so.

In the meantime, I have received notification from Adobe that what I'm experiencing is a bug:

Hi Susan,

We are working on this issue and have logged a bug # 4111649 (for your reference).

Thanks

Kunal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines