Conversion table grammar

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

Hello, recently i've strated to learning conversiontable for effective workflow as using it.

However, due to my lack of knowldege, i think i wrongly wrote command on the first col of Conversion Table.

The purpose that i want to embody is, put the body elements into body element.(Important thing is, i want to control it freely, such as, if the document has three level of each headings,(heading1, heading2, heading3) only wrap heading 1 and 2 sites.

Morever, i've read many times of FM guide - 4 Conversion Tables for Adding Structure to Documents, but only found hierachy leveling is only happnes when Para and Table elements are exactly placed. (It can be my misunderstanding, wrong, and lack of knowldege.)

Anyway, if there is a posiible command for putting elements into one element as using conversion table, may you please comment it for saving me?

I know it will be super difficult to explain in just words, however, it will be turuly helpful for me!

Thus, thanks for your trying and sincere comments for it ! Appreciate !!

Many thanks to experts to comment !

Best Regards

(I know the sequence of ol tag is ol-li-p, but the pictures below are for just sampling, and experimental. Just for example, and please do not take it seriouslly, thanks !!)

CT.pngstructureview.png

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering, Structured, XML author

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are limitations to what conversion tables can do. You will normally have to do some post-conversion cleanup. I highly recommend Russ Ward's FrameSLT plugin for FrameMaker. When doing conversions, I will start with a conversion table and finish with FrameSLT. Here is a blog post with an example:

http://frameautomation.com/frameslt-a-great-framemaker-plugin/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more