I am having issues when i structure documents with my conversion table. I have text insets that i use the conversion table i created and it structures the text insets perfectly. I then structure the chapter and it all seems great until i import the text inset into the chapter. It gives me red errors on just the bulleted list and numbered list. Its fine in the text inset but when insert to the chapter it breaks the bullets and numbered list. Is anyone having issues like this or can someone tell me what i am doing wrong.
While text insets seem to be supported in conversion, I've not ever written a table to manage them.
Are you hoping to maintain the TI in the converted files? If not, I'd recommend converting the TIs to content either manually or with a script, then converting per the "usual" rules.
Do you have the same element definitions in both the text inset file and the chapter file?
If the lists are defined in the TI file's element defs, but not in the chapter, that would cause the error you have.
P.S. If you are not using the InsetPlus plugin, you should be (it's free!)
In theory, native text insets should work with structured FrameMaker. You must have a simple issue with your element definitions and/or the final structure after insets are inserted. If both the source and reference documents have the same EDD, the same structure should be valid in the reference document when insets are inserted.
Having said that, I found native insets to be clumsy in structured FrameMaker. Sometimes I got crashes. Plus, it never made sense to use some obsolete method for sourcing and referencing... for example, using a flow as the lowest granularity in the source. But that's what you have to do if there is no structural markup. With markup, it only makes sense to use that markup. And that was the inspiration for InsetPlus... because I needed insets that actually worked.
I am attaching screen shot so it can be more clear. I thank you all for all your input.