• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting 7.2 to 2015 -> 'original filter not available' message -> strange borders on table and anchored frames

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just converted my 7.2 files to FM 2015 and got some 'At least one original filter ... graphics imported by reference ... not available ..' messages.

When I looked at these files, I found that many anchored frames had heavy black borders that I could not change and some tables had strange thick cross-hatch borders that I similarly could not find information about.  I'm guessing this is some kind of error condition report but have not been able to find any information about fixing it.

The affected files tend to be older ones originating before FM 7.2

Any ideas about how to approach this?  See pictures.

fm-strange-anc-frame.png

fm-strange-table.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

I'm thinking both are conditional text indicators. Fm has always used cross-hatching for table cells. 2015 uses a border color as well on anchored frames.

You can control Conditional text at the book level now as well, so hiding these is an easy fix: FrameMaker 2015: Conditional Text at book level | Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2015 | Adobe TV .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I remember, the aggressive border of exes [cf Cheval de frise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia​] is a conditional indicator at table level. I'm not totally sure, because I find it so unpleasing I only mark cells or sometimes the table caption :-}

No idea about the heavy borders on graphics; I'll watch this thread and learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was correct! Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking both are conditional text indicators. Fm has always used cross-hatching for table cells. 2015 uses a border color as well on anchored frames.

You can control Conditional text at the book level now as well, so hiding these is an easy fix: FrameMaker 2015: Conditional Text at book level | Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2015 | Adobe T... .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem ugrading from frame12 to frame 15. the black borders are a conditional setting. just turn off "show condition indicators"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines