Highlighted

Converting to HTML5

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FrameMaker 15, I am publishing a Responsive HTML5 output. When the output generates, it adds an extra book level. So, if I want to view my topic called introduction, I have to select the Introduction folder, then the topic for Introduction. Is there a way to remove having to select the unnecessary folder? Each framemaker file should display as its own topic in the html5 file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Converting to HTML5

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FrameMaker 15, I am publishing a Responsive HTML5 output. When the output generates, it adds an extra book level. So, if I want to view my topic called introduction, I have to select the Introduction folder, then the topic for Introduction. Is there a way to remove having to select the unnecessary folder? Each framemaker file should display as its own topic in the html5 file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the heading tags that you're paginating on or are you converting an existing TOC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the heading topics, I am using paragraph styles for heading 1 and 2 that we developed.

We did not create a TOC. I was just trying to use the layout we have in the book. So, I structured the files correctly in the book, but didn't create any form of TOC with them. The topics all display in the correct order, but I'm not sure where the extra folder level is coming from. Is that the information you were looking for or did I misunderstand?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2016 0
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So paginating on heading 1 in the introduction document creates an introduction topic in the html; if you didn't create a TOC in FM for the (RH) Publishing engine to use, I think it just uses the structure that the resulting import of FM content into a RH project would produce (all html & css in separate folders within the project). Try creating a TOC and tell the Publish option to use it & then see what you get in the output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a TOC, but I don't see where I can select to use it in the publish menu. I selected Add all topics to Table of Contents in the Style Mapping section, but that didn't fix the issue. Where do I set the TOC to use?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2016 0
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't have a copy of FM2015 to play with right now - maybe check out this thread - Missing TOC nesting in HTML5 Publish output ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2016 0
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like they haven't exposed that control - see this thread - Nested TOC in Responsive HTML5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Once I compiled the book, the generated html5 displayed the TOC correctly. However, I tried to edit the H1TOC and H2TOC styles by changing the First indent to .5" in the Paragraph Designer. That did not have any affect on the html output. In this thread that you linked, the person was able to edit the properties from the TOC page: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1956799. Is there a spot I have to set the indents in the publish menu, or is there another option I need to select somewhere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2016 0
Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't use the "Publish" route at all (not enough control over what's created - I still go via RH), so I'm not sure what's exposed to the UI and what's not. I suspect that if you want to mess around with the TOC heading styles, you'd need to do that via the CSS (maybe?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2016 0
AMAGARWA LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

The 0.5" indent you need to give is only to H2TOC to differentiate their levels they are at. When H2TOC has more indent than H1TOC then it comes in a hierarchical way.

One of the examples can be found in FM samples. Output Generated from FM Samples: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\Samples\MoreSamples\Books\Bkstyle2\Bk2.book would give you an idea of it. The TOC generated would be hierarchical.

Responsive TOC alignment first indent.png

Do let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Amit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2016 1