• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste Issues as well as other issues (FM2017)

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FM2017, sometimes when you copy and then try to paste the text a few pages away by using the < and > icons to get to that page, the text doesn't paste but "Go to Previous Page" is pasted instead. This is very annoying to have to cut/copy and paste several times before it works.

Also, I use a lot of text insets, and occasionally I want to override the master document formats and use the option, Retain Source Formats. This no longer appears to work - the formats in the master document override the table formats in the text inset.

I am also finding that it takes repeated attempts to do simple things in this version of FM. My FM still does not display correctly when I use remote desktop from my iMac to my Windows laptop. I've had to resort to using a lot of short cuts, because if you attempt to click on a menu item like Tables, it jumps over to another menu item.

I hope there is an update to FM soon to clear up buggy stuff. And why did creating new formats change? I drove myself crazy trying to figure out how to create a new paragraph format.

Trying to delete conditional tags across multiple documents does not work even though you can select all open documents and then select a conditional tag, but it doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You applied the latest patches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is version 14.0.1.406 - I keep checking for updates, but I haven't seen any yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if that's the latest - here's the direct link - Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows : FrameMaker 2017 update 1 (2017.0.1) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FM2017, sometimes when you copy and then try to paste the text a few pages away by using the < and > icons to get to that page, the text doesn't paste but "Go to Previous Page" is pasted instead. This is very annoying to have to cut/copy and paste several times before it works.

I've been seeing that happen in class to my students! It's so bizarre!!

You are on the latest patch, Urthie2011. All you can do is back up and reselect the text and try again. Also, report this bug to Adobe here: Tracker.

In the meantime, PgUp and PgDn are good alternatives for navigation. But, while this is the most common weird text pasted, I have seen other variations on this same theme, so be forewarned.

Google Chromess_003.png

I am also finding that it takes repeated attempts to do simple things in this version of FM. My FM still does not display correctly when I use remote desktop from my iMac to my Windows laptop. I've had to resort to using a lot of short cuts, because if you attempt to click on a menu item like Tables, it jumps over to another menu item.

This tends to be an issue with the display resolution. And you have two displays in play: make sure that Windows is not set to scaling.

And why did creating new formats change? I drove myself crazy trying to figure out how to create a new paragraph format.

One focus of the update was to remove redundant options. In any version of Fm you could add a tag by typing in a new name and click Apply OR use the Commands menu > New Format. The 2nd choice was removed.

Trying to delete conditional tags across multiple documents does not work even though you can select all open documents and then select a conditional tag, but it doesn't work.

FrameMaker has always been good at copying things (tags, master pages, etc) from one file to another, but it has never been able to remove those same things from multiple files at one time. I've used a 3rd party app called Finalizer to accomplish that task in the past. Not sure if it is still around.

You can add any of these thoughts as feature requests here: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help - it's nice to know that I'm not seeing things.

I have researched and researched the display issue and have not found any answers except to use Remote Connection Manager which is not available for Mac. I will research where to turn off scaling - I did turn it off in remote connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always happy to help, Urthie2011. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had two internal error crashes since I updated with the latest patch. Also, I'm running into an issue where the paragraph format Bullet1 will not change to another format period. I have to save the file as a mif file, go into it, and change the stuck Bullet1 format to another format. I don't have another paragraph format selected as a Next Paragraph tag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Urthie, we can help you understand FrameMaker features on the forum, but you will want to report these software issues to Adobe here: Tracker.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - just bookmarked that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines