• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Paste issue

Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take lots of screen captures and paste them into FrameMaker. The screen captures are small files, not very memory intensive. I never had a problem when using FrameMaker 2015 or previous versions. Now that I'm using FrameMaker 2017, it seems to be corrupting the Windows 7 clipboard. It works to paste sometimes and sometimes not. When it stops working it pastes the previous item copied instead of the most recent one. Sometimes I can get paste to work again by closing and reopening FrameMaker 2017 and sometimes I have to reboot the computer to make it work. I tracked the problem down to FrameMaker because I'm able to paste into other applications without an issue.

Any way to get FrameMaker 2017 to consistently work correctly with copy/paste?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay, I've had great success with Fm11 onward doing exactly what you're doing.

How are you clipping the screens? I ask because I see RoboScreencapture (included with Fm) lock up sometimes.

Two separate things slow me down:

• RSC generates a dialog that must be dismissed before capturing another image. No biggie, just need to hit the OK button and keep going.
  • RSC locks up, appears not to snap the image, and then when I close Fm and RSC, I find there's an additional instance of RSC active that's waiting for me to finish that snap that appeared to crash RSC.

When your Paste doesn't work in Fm, can you paste that data from the clipboard into Notepad or an email message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a little free utility called Gadwin PrintScreen. When paste doesn't work in FM 2017, I can still paste into email messages, or any other application for that matter, even FM 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also make a lot of screenshots. No problems with FM2017 so far.

It works to paste sometimes and sometimes not. When it stops working it pastes the previous item copied instead of the most recent one.

This is the normal behavior, if no new screenshot has been taken. Usually, it is not a Paste issue, it is a Copy issue.

Do you use keyboard shortcuts? Try to copy via a menu command. Or try another screenshot tool, e.g. the free Irfanview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (I think) as the OP.

I create training guides that have a ½" x ½" icon aligned against the left margin. There are different icons for different purposes. A dialog bubble indicates it is time for a discussion, a graph indicates it is time for a demonstration, and so on. There are eight different icons.

If I create a copy of that module as a boilerplate starting point for the next module, I normally have to delete all of the icon images out of the frames, and replace them with new icon images as appropriate for the new content. If I import an icon image for the first frame (let's say a dialog icon), copy it, and then try to paste it in other frames in the module, the results are wildly unpredictable.

Sometimes the paste operation produces the demo icon, sometimes the "10 minutes" icon, sometimes the "tip" icon, and so on. And if I move down to the next empty frame and paste again, the result will be different than the previous paste.

I am currently using FrameMaker 2017, but the same thing happened with FrameMaker 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider using a free icon font like FontAwesome so you can manage size and color more predictably.

BONUS: Fonts are vectors, so they'll reproduce faithfully and at high quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines