Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy paste while keeping paragraph format in unstructured document

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all

I am doing a fair amount of work in an unstructured Framemaker document.  However, I have to copy-paste text from one portion of the doc to several other locations.  My issue is that whenever I do so, the pasted content is automatically inserted under the paragraph tag of that location.   I have to stop and reformat whatever I just pasted into the same paragraph tag as the copied text. 

I've tried all the Framemaker Paste Special options without any success. 

This is annoying and inefficient when it has to be done a few dozen times a document. 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think there's a way to do that unless you've included the paragraph mark in the original copied content. However, you can quickly re-apply the paragraph tag last used by using the shortcut Esc j j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cj... I'm not sure what you're asking, could you clarify please?

Assuming you have a paragraph of type ParagraphType1 that says:

"This is my target paragraph and I am going to paste something after this period. Ta-da!"

and you have another paragraph of type ParagraphType2 that says:

"Italics are fun! See how fun they are!"

and you are going to copy the first sentence of the second paragraph ("Italics are fun!") into the first, what do you want it to look like and what is happening?

• "This is my target paragraph and I am going to paste something after this period. Italics are fun! Ta-da!"
  • "This is my target paragraph and I am going to paste something after this period. Italics are fun! Ta-da!"

When you copy just a portion of a paragraph into another paragraph, you can use the paste options:

• Paste (which will paste the text with the original character formatting -- e.g. italics in the example above)
  • Paste Special > Rich Text (which will look almost the same as the Paste option, but I believe Color will be mapped differently and some options (e.g. Pair Kern) won't come across)
  • Past Special > Text (which will paste the text without formatting, using the format of the target paragraph)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines