• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrected unresolved cross ref. and replaced fonts don't save

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating a book with 15 files from Frame 5.0 to 2019 and have gotten all but 3 files transferred/migrated over. 

After opening up my old files with FM 2019, I saved each one as a MIF file and then re-saved as .fm (2019) file. I then deleted the original files from the directory. I updated the file names in the book to reflect their new .fm end. I opened all 15 files and "resolved" unresolved cross references. In each file I had a several unavailable fonts that I mapped to available fonts via the font pod. I saved each file and the closed all the files and the book.

When I open all the files 3 files still give a message about unavailable fonts and 1 file also says unresolved cross references. The Cross-reference pod shows several files have unresolved cross references and on these files I use "Edit => Update References" to them. I save the files and thenclose the files. Upon reopening the files I get the same messages. I've repeated this many times with the same result (think Ground Hog day). When I have all the files open and all cross references resolved, I use the font pod to change the unavailable font "Times" to "Times New Roman". (All the other unavailable fonts I changed stay changed.) The font pod then shows Times no longer as present. As soon as I save the file, the font pod lists "TImes" as unavailable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have "unavailable fonts" hiding in your graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not appear to be unavailable fonts in graphics, at least that I can detect, but rather it has to do with equations. The equations were created with the native equation tool in FM 5.0. In one section, I replaced all the equations (they were used just to make variables look the same as they do in actual equations) and remapped Times to Times New Roman. Now "Times" no longer showed up as a missing font in that section. In the other sections, there are 600+ real equations and replacement is not feasible.

I selected a style for the five equation fonts. With the exception of Symbol, each character style use TImes New Roman as its character family. Still, when I replace the Times fonts with Times New Roman and save the file, Times shows up as an unavailable font.

So what is it about equations?

In the .mif version of the file the phrase "times" appears (see line starting with <MathFullForm below). I believe they are subscripts. Could these be the problem?

<Frame

<ID 25>

<Unique 51561>

<Pen 15>

<Fill 15>

<PenWidth  1.0 pt>

<Separation 0>

<ObColor `Black'>

<DashedPattern

<DashedStyle Solid>

> # end of DashedPattern

<RunaroundGap  0.0 pt>

<RunaroundType None>

<Angle  360.0>

<ShapeRect  4.05595" 0.43698" 0.23933" 0.24791">

<BRect  4.05595" 0.43698" 0.23933" 0.24791">

<FrameType Inline>

<NSOffset  0.0">

<BLOffset  -0.10902">

<AnchorAlign Center>

<Cropped No>

<AnchorDirection INHERITLTR>

<Math

<Unique 51559>

<BRect  0.01389" 0.01389" 0.21155" 0.22013">

<MathFullForm `indexes[0,1,char[epsilon],times[char,char]]'

> # end of MathFullForm

<MathLineBreak  138.88883">

<MathOrigin  0.11967" 0.13889">

<MathAlignment Center>

<MathSize MathMedium>

> # end of Math

> # end of Frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely - since you've got the MIF, I'd try a find & replace to edit it and see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "times' in MathFullForm does not relate to the font type. Bummer-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines