• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could I change the size of the conditional text marker?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A very wierd issue about conditional text.

I have this example text: three paragraphs and the second one with very big font size and marked as conditional text.

1.png

I hide the condicional text and FM 2019 inserts a conditional marker with the size of the previous paragraph!!

2.png

As you can see, there is a lot of room among the three paragraphs.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thnaks a lot for your time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But does that big space appear in your output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes of course!

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How interesting, yet unwanted!

I'm guessing it has to do with the point size of the paragraph style.

Potential workaround: Can you place the conditional text into a 12pt paragraph and apply a character style to the Big Text! to make it larger?

You should certainly post this to adobe.com/go/wish to have them check it out.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before posting I was playing around with character styles with no luck, but this morning I found a (poor) workaround. It seems FM takes the size of the conditional marker from the first character in the paragraph.

So...

4.png

it works well if you uses a blank space in place of the character 'a' in the example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I test this with FrameMaker 2019.0.2, I also get a big marker for the hidden text.

It needs vertical space only, when Line Space Fixed in the Paragraph Designer is deactivated.

When this option is activated, then this marker does not occupy any space.

In my oppinion a bug.

You can report it in the Adobe Bug Tracker

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using Index Tools Professional, and if I happen to have entries right before the paragraph tag I use for table and figure anchors, I get the same gap. The index entries use a 12-point font size, while the anchor paragraph uses a 2-point size. When the index entries are hidden, the anchor paragraph gets a condition marker in it that makes the paragraph 12 points high, even though it's set to 2.

Part of my post-processing has become searching for that particular paragraph tag and applying the default font character tag to it. It's a bit of a nuisance, but the utility of the Index Tools Professional means I'm willing to put up with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines