• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not generate PDF file from FM and I did not see Acrobat Pro DC in my computer

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was able to generate PDF files a few months ago from FM 2017. However, after Adobe CC updates (it claimed that my enterprise license was not valid and forcing me to uninstall and reinstall). I could see Adobe DC Pro in my computer

When I save as PDF, FM goes to busy for awhile but nothing happens after that. Is there a log that I could for error messages?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I tried to print the FM to PDF file via Adobe PDF printer:

but it gives me this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows, exactly?

The 1803 Win 10 update created issues with the PDF export from FrameMaker (roll back to 1709 if you still can). A patch is to be issued soon (hopefully the next "Patch Tuesday"). For more details see: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2476727.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Barb,

I am using Windows 10.0.17134 Build 17134.

I am able to save book or FM to PDF but setting CMYK instead of RGB. The latter did nothing.

However, embedded video does not work now.

Best regards

Hor Meng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10.0.17134 Build 17134.

Check the "Version" that Win10 says you're using to confirm, not the OS Build info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you go - 1803; your best answer is to roll back to 1709 (if you can); if you can't, then you'll be waiting for the Microsoft patch fix to be issued (hopefully soon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the 1803 in there?

~Barb

pastedImage_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Barb,

I saw it. I follow solution from other thread, changing the color printing to CYMB. It could generate PDF. However, I am not sure if the upcoming patches would fix the rich-media issue - i.e., could not embed video in PDF. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. That's a new one for me. Are you using:

1. Set File > Print Setup to Adobe PDF.
  2. Select File > Save as PDF.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Barb,

I use Book. I save book as PDF. It produces PDF file with pictures which are not clickable. The older PDF is about 116 MB but the new one (without rich media) is only 11 MB.

HM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines