Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

covert .ps to .fm?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am in a bit of soup actually. I, in a fit of carelessness, overwrote an FM file and saved it. It cannot be undone now.

Sometime before this event, I had created a .ps file to distill it to a PDF; so now I have only a PDF file and a .ps file

Question:

Is it possible to salvage anything from the .ps file? if so, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Alternatively, and still assuming Acrobat, you could save the .pdf as plain text. This would give you much cleaner content to work with in a new FrameMaker file, except perhaps for tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat then from PDF you can save as Word document and then you can import content from that word document to FrameMaker. You may not get everything but hopefully you should be able to work on it to improve after the import.

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternatively, and still assuming Acrobat, you could save the .pdf as plain text. This would give you much cleaner content to work with in a new FrameMaker file, except perhaps for tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines