• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create responsive HTML5 help - Error message: "FrameMaker book files could not be found"

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

with the publishing menu in FrameMaker 2015 (under files) I try to create a responsive HTML5 help output from a ditamap file. You can see that FM is using a tempory book file during the creation process. After a while FM comes up with the error message "FrameMaker book files could not be found".

When I try to create a responsive HTML5 help from the example book "Personal Spaceship User Guide - EN-US.book" (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\beispiel\UserGuide(Arabic,English,Hebrew)\English) there will be no error message.

Is it not possible to make from a ditamap directly an responsive HTML5 output via the publish pod? Any hints? The output path is working because of the functional by the example book.

Thank you

Apollo102

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Hi,

I found the solution myself.

No dots in the file name allowed (I used this as a file version number separator)  !!!!! FramneMaker can handle it, but the publishing app does not.

The files with dots are simply missing in the output (but no messages about this).

If all files contain a dot, then the "FrameMaker book files could not be found" error message appears.

No problem:

href = "../tasks/standardDevice/0002/t_2000000_switchOffStandardDevice_0002.dita"

Problem:

href = "../tasks/standardDevice/0002/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I found the solution myself.

No dots in the file name allowed (I used this as a file version number separator)  !!!!! FramneMaker can handle it, but the publishing app does not.

The files with dots are simply missing in the output (but no messages about this).

If all files contain a dot, then the "FrameMaker book files could not be found" error message appears.

No problem:

href = "../tasks/standardDevice/0002/t_2000000_switchOffStandardDevice_0002.dita"

Problem:

href = "../tasks/standardDevice/0002/t_20.00.000_switchOffStandardDevice_0002.dita"

Regards

Apollo102

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines