• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create tags in FrameMaker 2015 to html 5 output?

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to make a book with recipes in FrameMaker 2015. The book is to be published as html 5 and pdf. I would like to be able to tag all recipe ingredients, so that one may click on them and get a search whice encompasses all the instances of the tagged work.

Is it possible to do that with variables ? Or is there another solution?

Best regards

Bjørn

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Ah, I suspect not – you could attach a hyperlink paragraph tag to the ingredient, but having the site dynamically reorganize itself to show all the posts tagged with that category depends on the programming of the site. If you look at your example, you see that there’s an index.php program that’s controlling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search in HTML5 output looks at all text, so I’m not sure what you mean. Are you referring to index entries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for answering me. Please look at this page:

http://smalbro.dk/index.php/blog/315-11-november-2015

Below the illustration are some tags. Some of the blogposts are tagged. If you click on a tag, the website will display all blogposts using that tag. I am wondering whether I can recreate that effect from within FrameMaker, so that I may publish my recipes as html5 with tags.

Best regards

Bjørn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I suspect not – you could attach a hyperlink paragraph tag to the ingredient, but having the site dynamically reorganize itself to show all the posts tagged with that category depends on the programming of the site. If you look at your example, you see that there’s an index.php program that’s controlling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I did suspect that it might not be feasible, but nice to have another opinion.

Best regards

Bjørn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe another idea …

You could leverage search for that. Just add the tags and add a hyperlink to the tag, handing over the search string.

Like this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2015/using/#rhsearch=tables&ux=search

You can also narrow the search more down to the exact string my putting the string into quotes (%22).
Like this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2015/using/#rhsearch=tables&ux=search

You might want to add a # to the tags in general so that it becomes easier to distinguish them for your scenario from regular search strings.

This will open the search panel and prefill it with the search results. The quotes make just make it sharper here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2015/using/#rhsearch=%22tables%22&ux=search

You can also use multi-space tags. In this case, make sure to replace the space with %20 in the URL

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2015/using/#rhsearch=%22Round%20trip%20table%20properties%22&....

This might be another approach. Also, it's a nice effect: The page currently open just stays open. Only the search panel opens, displaying the results.

Cheers,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines