Highlighted

Create XML file using FDK Programming

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I want to create the XML file by getting the table data from the Framemaker Document using FDK2019.

can you please suggest me how I can create the XML file with that data?

I appreciate any help!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create XML file using FDK Programming

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I want to create the XML file by getting the table data from the Framemaker Document using FDK2019.

can you please suggest me how I can create the XML file with that data?

I appreciate any help!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 29, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vinitan123,

You are asking too much from this forum. Parsing and building documents requires advanced knowledge of the FDK or ExtendScript, which is not something that could be provided here. I suggest you get the FDK, learn how to compile a basic client, then spend some weeks experimenting until you have a strong working knowledge. Then, this forum would be a good place to ask specific, focused questions.

Russ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved from Unstructured FM forum to FM Scripting - moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is “the table” in a structured or an structured document? That makes a big difference.

You can “walk” with the FDK through your document to the table in question and then take the whole table, put it into a new document based on a structured application and save it as an XML file. Before saving as an XML file, you can of course do all kind of other stuff with the table.

Like Russ Ward​ suggest, the folks in this forum might be able to help you, if you ask specifc, focused questions 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0