Highlighted

Creating PDF Hangs at Post Processing

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame 2019, Fully Patched (No updates available), Unstructured. We have created a multi-level book that has a main book that contains multiple books (chapters) using folders. When using the Save As PDF option, the processing hangs at the postprocessing step and will not complete. I left it running overnight just to make sure I wasn't being impatient. I have tried printing to postscript and distilling. This doesn't work because there are foldout pages in a couple of chapters.

I read in this forum that bad art can cause this so I started paring the book down to try to locate it, deleting first some files, then entire sub-books incrementally. I now have it down to the main book with a few front matter files (no art) and one empty sub-book and am getting the same results.

The error in the log file says: [1104/100835.980:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(131)] TransactNamedPipe: The pipe has been ended. (0x6D)

I was able to publish the sub-books individually but not at the main book level. I was able to create a PDF at the main book level a couple of weeks ago.

Am I missing something obvious? The information in the help files is pretty scarce and generic. I'm also not able to find much information on books-in-books.

I've been using Frame for many years (mostly structured) but this sure has me stumped.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error, Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating PDF Hangs at Post Processing

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame 2019, Fully Patched (No updates available), Unstructured. We have created a multi-level book that has a main book that contains multiple books (chapters) using folders. When using the Save As PDF option, the processing hangs at the postprocessing step and will not complete. I left it running overnight just to make sure I wasn't being impatient. I have tried printing to postscript and distilling. This doesn't work because there are foldout pages in a couple of chapters.

I read in this forum that bad art can cause this so I started paring the book down to try to locate it, deleting first some files, then entire sub-books incrementally. I now have it down to the main book with a few front matter files (no art) and one empty sub-book and am getting the same results.

The error in the log file says: [1104/100835.980:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(131)] TransactNamedPipe: The pipe has been ended. (0x6D)

I was able to publish the sub-books individually but not at the main book level. I was able to create a PDF at the main book level a couple of weeks ago.

Am I missing something obvious? The information in the help files is pretty scarce and generic. I'm also not able to find much information on books-in-books.

I've been using Frame for many years (mostly structured) but this sure has me stumped.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error, Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any different results if you go to PDF via Print to AdobePDF or Publish?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
pulkitn LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LisaSavory ,

This isn't expected!
I would be able to investigate the issue cause if you can mail me or <fmerror-reports@adobe.com>  with your sample files and its dependents on which issue is reproducible.

Thanks
Pulkit Nagpal
Product Engg. Department
punagpal@adobe.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 1