Highlighted

Creating TOC and List of Figures is VERY slow!

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating the TOC and List of Figures for a book takes 30 mins PER generation, no mater the number of documents. Why is this so slow?? (FM 2017)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barbara Ash | Adobe Community Professional

I've found that opening all files in the book will speed up the process. With the book file active, hold down Shift as you select File > Open All Files in Book. Then create the TOC and List of FIgures.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating TOC and List of Figures is VERY slow!

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating the TOC and List of Figures for a book takes 30 mins PER generation, no mater the number of documents. Why is this so slow?? (FM 2017)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barbara Ash | Adobe Community Professional

I've found that opening all files in the book will speed up the process. With the book file active, hold down Shift as you select File > Open All Files in Book. Then create the TOC and List of FIgures.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big book? Many pages? Lots of headings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 1
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely open all the files in the book as well when doing book updates. I'm curious to see if the makes a difference for you. I haven't experienced any slow downs with book updates or making PDFs (which has been an issue in the past) in 2017.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 1
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that make the difference, ap16165019 ? I'll have to try closing my files to see if I experience that slowdown.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening all the files significantly helped the load time.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 1