• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize keyboard shortcuts

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it possible to customize keyboard shortcuts in FM? I want to assign a keyboard shortcut for Paste Special > Text.

Is there any way I could do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the UNIX version, you could define a macro and bind a keyboard shortcut to it.

In other versions, I'd suggest a third-party (probably system tray) app that does keyboard macros, and set it to fire the sequence:

Alt+E, S, T, Enter

or

Ctrl+Shift+V, T, Enter

Finally, I think if you did some digging, you could find out a way to add a new menu item with an associated accellerator key to fire the 'Paste as Text' (whatever it's actually called) event. Then, it would be only a couple of (Alt) keyboard strokes--almost as good. Unfortunately, I haven't messed with menu.cfg (in ../fminit/maker/) in years, and so I'd have to do some hunting to find all of the available commands.

Sorry I can't be of more help;

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know that you can change the default Paste command to do a Text paste by modifying your maker.ini file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I sure did not!!!! Jeff - which of the 6,000 lines do I change?? I NEED TO DO THIS!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re-arrange this line so that "TEXT" comes first, e.g.

ClipboardFormatsPriorities=TEXT, UNICODE TEXT, FILE, MIFW, MIF, RTF, OLE 2, META, EMF,  DIB, BMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines